With just a few days before Valentine’s Day, you are probably wondering what original gift to give or are you struggling to decide what special meal to cook? Did you know that Valentine’s Day is the second most popular card-sending holiday after Christmas, so you might be hard-pressed to write that romantic verse.
Valentine’s Day is all about loving, caring and giving, but while you’re thinking about that special one, don’t forget to #LoveYourHeart!
Keeping your heart healthy is essential to prevent heart disease whatever your age. And, the good news is a healthy heart does not have to be complicated. Here are some quick and easy tips:
- Get your 5 a day – of fruits and vegetables
- Eat more fibre like wholemeal bread or wholegrain cereals
- Cut down on salt to maintain a healthy blood pressure
- Eat fish at least twice a week – a great source of Omega 3 fat which can help protect against heart disease
- Stay hydrated – drink about 8 glasses of fluid every day
- Stay active – just 10 000 steps a day can make a difference. You’ll be surprised how quick and easy it is to reach this target.
Don’t forget your daily glass of Sirco in the morning: a refreshing and pleasing way to look after your heart.
No more excuse to #LoveYourHeart.